Previous events and items of note - most recent at the top.
- Sunday 13th August - Opium, Edinburgh,
Self-proclaimed psychadelic mystery prophets All I See Is An Empty Circle
L-Music, an electronic dream pop band in Scotland.
post rock, shoegaze, psychedelic, glitch, drone from Sleet walls (Edinburgh)
then smuggled onto the bill at the last minute was the very noisy Glass City!!!
- DUNT played Aberdeen on Saturday July 22nd at Vulture Lounge, with
THE CUNDEEZ (Dundee), the very definition of "Scottish as fuck",
Skate Punk rock from Dubai and the UAE: Fat Randall
and Aberdeen punk rockers The Mamertimes!
- Friday July 21st, Bryan Donoghue popped over from Ireland for a quick gig in his home town of Edinburgh, playing an acoustic set at The Safari Lounge with Australian singer-songwriter Scott Candlish and our very own Matthew Mcghie (3DFR).
- Saturday July 15th, DUNT played The Banshee Labyrinth, Edinburgh, as part of the "Subversiv: Girls Rock School Fundraiser" gig, with Agony Ant, DELINQUNTS, 13 Tombs, B TRASH, Buzzbomb & Girls Scout.
- Friday July 7th, DUNT supported Belfast pop punks No Matter at The Banshee Labyrinth, Edinburgh, with The Kimberly Steaks.
- Saturday July 1st, Experimental, hardcore band Human Future came to Opium in Edinburgh to play their final show. Also on the bill were Edinburgh psych rock chaps Choka and post-hardcore band Glacier.
- Friday June 30th, Three Days From Retirement supported the album launch for post-rockers We Came From The North, at Opium, Edinburgh.
- Friday June 23rd, North Shields/Tyneside experimental, improvised rock 3 piece Lovely Wife stopped by Leith Depot, with local synth-rock duo Gunged and Hottodoggu, a brand new Edinburgh math/experimental group.
- Thursday June 15th, DUNT supported Colt 45s at Opium, Edinburgh, with ska mates The Hostiles and post-punks Lion On Tiger.
Bad Things Come To Those Who Hate (EP), released 22nd May 2017.
- Eat Sleep Slave Repeat
- Non Essential
- Friday May 26th, Somaesthesia headed through to Glasgow to play at Ivory Blacks, with fellow Edinburgh metallers
Lucifers Corpus and
- Saturday May 13th, Three Days From Retirement played ENVIRONS; a mini-music festival featuring six fantastic bands specially selected by Infinite Hive to snap you out of this horrific reality of fake news and diabolical politics and give you a damn brilliant night oot instead. Also playing were Dialects, Halo Tora, People Making Noises, Glass City and Our Smallest Adventures
- Saturday May 6th, Infinite Hive night at The Banshee Labyrinth, with indie lads The Tracks, Edinburgh grunge rockers Brittle Head Girl and show-openers RumRunners.
- On Saturday May 6th, Somaesthesia joined fellow metallers Dominicide, Blackwork & Centrilia, at Bannermans.
- April 2017: Three Days From Retirement did a tour of England:
MANCHESTER, Retro bar, Thursday April 27
NOTTINGHAM, JT Soar, Friday April 28
BLACKBURN, The Napier, Saturday April 29
NEWCASTLE, The Bridge Hotel, Sunday April 30
- Saturday April 15th, Somaesthesia joined these bands at Bannermans:
Kurokuma - Riff laden doom merchants from Sheffield.
Edinburghs finest (and possibly only) Progressive Sci-fi Post-Sludgers: Dvne
Experimental, effect driven post rock from Aberdeen: Seas Starry
- Saturday March 25th, Indie rockers The Tracks played their EP release gig for new record "Dog In A Fight" at Bannermans in Edinburgh with special guests Glasgow Indie Alt-Rockers Atlas Run and Colour Carnival from Edinburgh.
"Dog In A Fight" went on general release on Monday 27th March.
- Friday March 24th, Edinburgh stoner sludge/metal brutes SAPIEN headlined Opium in Edinburgh, joined by Sheffield post-metal doomsters Archelon and 'burgh metal facemelters Runemaster.
- Thursday March 9th, All The Best Tapes were up from Stoke to jam with;
Lost Ground from Leeds and;
Perth's Albert Shakespeare
- Saturday March 4th, Somaesthesia launched their EP "Path Of Least Resistance" at La Belle Angele, Edinburgh, with special guests
Blood Thread and
Of Spire & Throne.
"Path Of Least Resistance" was released on Monday 6th March 2017.
- Saturday February 18th,
We Came From The North,
All I See Is An Empty Circle,
Draws Creature Mask
played Bannermans , Edinburgh.
- Saturday January 21st, Matty and Kapil hosted an amazing night of Post Rock / Hardcore & Shoegaze bands, featuring:
And So It Goes,
Draws Creature Mask
- Saturday January 14th, DUNT supported Murderburgers at The Banshee Labyrinth, Edinburgh
- Monday December 12th, The Tracks supported Destinova at Bannermans, Edinburgh.
- Three Days From Retirement played their last gig with drummer David on Saturday November 26th at Sneaky Pete's in Edinburgh. In support were Cuttings and Our Smallest Adventures.
- Saturday November 19th, Post Rock/Alternative Metal night hosted by Matty, Opium Edinburgh - Thula Borah, Envoys, All I See Is An Empty Circle and Albert Shakespeare provided the noise.
- Thursday November 17th, RumRunners supported touring fun-metal rockers Forever Never and Glasgow rock band Divides, at Bannermans Bar.
- Thursday October 20th, Post Rock night organised by Matty at Opium Edinburgh: Dystopian Future Movies, Fvnerals, Dead White Males and Somaesthesia, the latter recently signed up with Infinite Hive.
- Friday October 14th, Post Rock night organised by Matty at Opium Edinburgh: Glass City Fatalists and Draws Creature Mask.
Chuck Mosley in the UK!
- 18th Portland Arms Cambridge
- 19th Red Rooms Nottingham
- 20th The Parish Huddersfield
- 21st Trillians Newcastle
- 22nd In Store Show! New Hellfire Club Glasgow
- 22nd Nice N Sleazy Glasgow
- 23rd Bannermans Live Edinburgh (support from RumRunners)
- 24th The Underdog Aberdeen
- 25th Mad Hatters Inverness
- 27th Live Rooms Chester
- 28th The Station Cannock
- 29th Fuel Cardiff
- 30th The Bierkeller Bristol
- 1st Sanctuary Basingstoke
- 2nd Cobblestones Bridgewater
- 3rd The Underground Stoke on Trent
- 4th The Flapper Birmingham
- 5th Underground Bradford
- 6th The Victoria Swindon
- 7th The Anvil Bournemouth
- 8th Crauford Arms Milton Keynes
- 9th Hairy Dog Derby
- 10th Boston Music Rooms Tuffnell Park, London
- 11th Bootleg Social, Blackpool
- 12th Star & Garter Manchester
- 13th The Owl Sanctuary Norwich
- 14th The Lady Luck Canterbury
- 15th La Mecanique Ondulatoire Paris, France
- Sunday September 25th, DUNT played at Opium, Edinburgh, with The Hostiles and Random Scandal.
- Power Rockers RumRunners released their first single "Sun Comes Up" on Monday 12th September!
Sun Comes Up (Single)
Download from RumRunners Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play Music and Spotify.
- Friday September 2nd was the Infinite Hive Takeover of the Banshee Labyrinth, in Edinburgh.
RumRunners, The Drop, The Captain's Biscuit, The Ladybird Killers and Devil's Beeftub all played storming sets.
"I Used To Think" (Single)
Released 15 August 2016. Downloads available on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play Music and Spotify.
- Friday July 29th - DUNT were on the bill with Daniel Wax Off and The Sunday Punk Club at Electric Circus in Edinburgh.
In July 2016, THREE DAYS FROM RETIREMENT went on their first tour of England:
- Friday July 15th, Leeds, Milo Bar with Kusanagi, The Program and Unwavering.
- Saturday July 16th, Corby, Ex-Serviceman's Club
- And Sunday July 17th, Sheffield, West Street Ale House
- Bryan Donoghue played on Friday 8th July at Molly Browns, Newtownards
- Saturday June 25th - Infinite Hive promoted a post-rock night for Glasgow math-rockers DIALECTS with We Came From The North, Our Smallest Adventures and Glacier.
- Friday June 24th - Bryan Donoghue played some covers as well as his own songs, at Roma's Restaurant Newtownards, over in Northern Ireland
- Saturday June 11th - DUNT played a punk night with Dischord, Teddy's Leg, Constant Source of Disappointment and Tripwire at The Banshee Labyrinth, Edinburgh.
- Friday June 10th and Saturday June 11th - Bryan Donoghue played some
covers as well as his own songs, at Roma's Restaurant Newtownards on
Friday, then The Sandpiper Inn, Ballywalter, Northern Ireland on
- Friday April 29th - SharpShooter supported The Hive Day Centre fundraiser at Bannermans, Edinburgh.
- Friday April 22nd - THREE DAYS FROM RETIREMENT supported Acid Tongue, BRITNEY, Poly-Math and Let's Talk Daggers at Opium, Edinburgh.
Between Punk Rock and a Hard Place (EP)
Released 1st April 2016. CD and Tshirt can be ordered from either the Infinite Hive Shop and "merch" section of Bandcamp.
Downloads available on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play Music and Spotify.
- Friday April 1st - DUNT celebrated the release of their long-awaited EP "Between Punk Rock and a Hard Place" at Henry's Cellar Bar, in Edinburgh!
Support from Tongue Trap and Brittle Head Girl.
The EP is available on CD from our shop, or can be downloaded from Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play and Spotify.
- Saturday March 26th - MEOW entertained at Opium, Edinburgh, with support from SHEEP. It was bassist Don's 40th birthday party.
- Sunday March 20th - 3 Days From Retirement gigged at Nice 'n Sleazy, Glasgow, supporting Dialects and Akord.
- Friday March 18th - 3 Days From Retirement played Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh, with Our Smallest Adventures and Somaesthesia
- Thursday March 3rd: Perth, The Green Room played host to Bryan Donoghue & Phil Cooper as part of Phil's Scottish Tour!
Phil also played Saturday March 5th in Edinburgh at The Banshee Labyrinth, with Richy Neill, Chelsea Duke and Steve Wilson.
- Friday February 26th - SharpShooter played with, Bravado and Mooseknuckle at the "Winter's End" Classic Rock night at Sneaky Pete's, Edinburgh!
- Infinite Christmas party featured DUNT and Devil's Beeftub together, with friends The Dan Collins Band and All The Franklins, at The Banshee Labyrinth on Friday 18th December.
Pictures by Susan Kulik will be available on our flickr account.
- Sunday December 6th, 3 Days From Retirement rounded off an amazing year with a pre-Christmas gig at the Banshee Labyrinth, in support of Poly-Math, We Came From The North and Lost Limbs!
- Sunday November 29th: solo acoustic set from Bryan Donoghue when he supporting the awesome Miles Hunt and Erica Nockalls from The Wonder Stuff, at La Belle Angele in Edinburgh.
- SharpShooter and MEOW helped celebrate the 25th Anniversary of OPIUM NIGHTCLUB as part of their special 1990s themed gig on Saturday 28th November.
- Friday November 27th, 3 Days From Retirement played The Green Room, Perth. FANTASTIC venue!
- Friday November 13th - The Tracks were at Cafe Drummond as part of a live indie line-up including Ded Rabbit.
Three Days From Retirement
If We Keep Walking Eventually We'll Fall Off (EP)
Released 9th November 2015. CD can be ordered from the Infinite Hive Shop and Bandcamp. Download available on Bandcamp, iTunes, Amazon mp3, Google Play and Spotify.
1. Avalanche Error
2. Shatner's Rhapsody
3. By The Power Of Grayskull
4. Spooky Action Across Distance
Special guest bands for this event were We Came From The North, VASA and Goonies Never Say Die.
Facebook event page
SharpShooter played a charity gig on Friday 1st May at Bannermans, Edinburgh, at The Fundraiser for The Hive Activity Centre, Royal Edinburgh Hospital.
Also supporting this good cause were Norman Silver and the Gold, Acehandle, Onzlo and Monosapiens.
- Because Christmas is about giving, Skate Punks DUNT joined Dapitz, Buzzbomb, Critikill, Crimedesk and Babylon Dub Punks at the Banshee Labyrinth on Saturday 20th December for a night of punk noise, as part of "Fund the Foodbanks" from Chaos Promotions. Couple of hundred quid raised and some satisfied punks. Win-win.
- The Tracks played a sweet winter afternoon acoustic set at Elvis Shakespeare, a music and book store on Leith Walk on Saturday 29th November. Pics taken by Susan Kulik are on the Infinite Hive flickr.
- DUNT exploded onstage with fellow punks Black Volvo (Netherlands), Shatterhand and The Dead Sets on Wednesday 5th November at The Banshee Labyrinth
Pictures from the show, are on DUNT's Facebook page
- HALLOWEERD 2014 took place on Friday 31st October at Sneaky Pete's. Swampy blues-metallers DEVIL'S BEEFTUB opened the show, followed by alt-rock nutters MEOW and finally SharpShooter's own brand of HEAVY METAL PARTYING. It was FIERCE.
- DUNT gigged at The Mash House in support of (deep breath) Thirteen-Seven, Peacefully Screaming, Enter the Lexicon, Run to Horizon and Impleo on Wednesday October 22nd. Nice venue!
- Released on September 15, : the new EP from The Tracks - "Know We're Here" - now available to buy from our Shop in CDr, 10" Vinyl and download formats.
The band played at Henry's Cellar Bar on Friday 19th September, with support from The Ellies and Isaac and the Ransel Men.
- Heavy metal nutters SharpShooter played a storming set on Saturday 2nd August! Pictures and hangover chat are on their Facebook page. Thanks to all who attended!
- DUNT played the Banshee Labyrinth on Sunday 22nd June in support of The Kimberly Steaks, Sink Alaska.
Facebook event page here, pics on the Infinite Hive flickr
- The Tracks played The Cuiken Inn in Penicuik on Saturday 3 May. Photos by Susan Kulik and can be found on Infinite Hive flickr
- DUNT played Bannermans Bar on Thursday April 24th. Photos by Susan Kulik and can be found on Infinite Hive flickr
- Pictures of DUNT's set at The Bunker, Studio24, Wednesday March 26th, are now on their Facebook page, and the Infinite Hive flickr
- The Tracks played Bannermans Bar here in Edinburgh on Saturday 1 February. Susan Kulik's photos are here on flickr
- DUNT's first gig of 2014 was The Bunker at Studio24 on January 22nd. Loud music and a skate ramp...great night, YouTube video here. Please get in touch if you have any videos or photos to share via email or social media (see bottom of page).
- DUNT, Friday 27 December at Henry's Cellar Bar.
- October 31st, Thursday 2013 - was the annual HalloWeerd Music Festival
the night started with MEOW, then SharpShooter, The Tracks and DUNT
Voodoo Rooms Speakeasy
Updated 16 August 2017
by Mr John
Site designed and maintained by Mr John.